View Single Post
Old April 2 2012, 10:00 AM   #744
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction and Film

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
They've just started listing Svengoolie on another local affiliate, funnily enough, just as "Svengoolie." On one channel, they list just the movie title with no hint of the horror host, and on the other, just the host with no hint of the movie he's playing. I've set both to record, just in case they're not the same. Supposedly, his ratings keep going up, so it may not be long before you get to see him.
Maybe he's got a listing of affiliates on his website. I'll take a look. Or I'll check the digital listings, but I don't think they go that far ahead.

I still haven't read any horror in a while, but here are some spooky little guys I picked up.

Frankie, Bride, and Mummy.

London Vamp, Invisible Man, and Nosferatu.

They only made six of those stylized horror guys, but I wish they made more. A Wolf Man would have been great. Also, Frankie isn't obscene; that's a key around his neck that goes to a lock on the Bride's chest.
Very nice, especially the Mummy. Maybe they'll make more, but it's odd that Wolf Man wasn't among the first batch. Wolf Man don't get no respect.

I've also been collecting these little zombies that they sell at Walgreens.
Hey, they're like green army men for horror geeks. Something to play with when you're home sick from school.

I did a warm-up sketch a few weeks ago based somewhat on the astrozombie.
Nice. And speaking of warm-up sketches, I ordered a graphics tablet-- also a new laptop, since my old one died a few weeks ago. I can't wait to try it out.