View Single Post
Old March 31 2012, 01:43 PM   #451
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

^ I've been wanting to see Kiki's Delivery Serice for a while now.

Harvey wrote: View Post
92. 50/50: (✩✩✩✩) - On Demand - A 27 year old guy discovers he has cancer and this movie takes us through his struggle with poignance and humor. It's one of the best and deepest comedies I've ever seen. Seth Rogen does his usual shtick, but I like it. Lots of recognizable american and canadian actors are involved as well. Great movie. Check it out.
I still haven't seen that, but I would like to. It's worth point out that Seth Rogen is doing his usual shtick because he's playing a character based on himself (Will Reiser, the writer, had cancer and Rogen was his friend through it all).
Interesting to know what kind of influence he had on the movie, because it's clear that there is some. At first, I thought he wrote the movie.

Here are a few fun facts from the IMDb...

- "During a roundtable discussion with the cast, screenwriter Will Reiser revealed that Bryce Dallas Howard came up with the title of the film. The crew was skeptical about it when she first suggested it to them on the set of the art gallery scene. When she found out that the title had been changed to the one she suggested, she was surprised."

- "Seth Rogen says he was actually on the toilet when Will Reiser told him he had cancer. As funny as the two of them thought this was, it was deemed too disgusting for the film."

Also...

Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote