83. Like Crazy
: (✩✩✩✩) - On Demand
- A couple's relationship is strained when the girl, who's been studying on a student visa, finds that she can't get beck into the U.S. Anotn Yelchin and Felicity Jones star. I got this movie after seeing The Hunger Games
because I wanted to see something else with Jennifer Lawrence in it, but her part was small. I did get to discover Felicity Jones though. Anyway, good movie. It's raw and real.
: (✩✩✩½) - On Demand
- Ed Burns' docudrama about married life. Realistic tone, good watch that gets better as it progresses.
85. Dear John
: (✩✩✩) - TV
- A military man is placed overseas and this puts a strain on his relationship with a girl he met. Stars Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried.
: (✩✩½) - TV
- Post apocalyptic movie where four 20-somethings are on the road after the population has been wiped out by a plague. Not the best, but it's watchable. Chis Pine really shines though. Apparently this one was shot in 2006 but sat on the shelf for a few years.
87. The Karate Kid
: (✩✩✩✩) - DVD
- Despite all the talk of remakes, Jaden Smith or nepotism, I found this movie to be quite good. It's very well shot and epic in scale. It's a good looking movie, and Jackie Chan was spectacular as Mr. Han, the "Mr. Miyagi" equivalent. My only real gripe is the title. Jaden Smith's character is learning kung fu, not karate. I can understand them wanting to capitalize on a popular movie's title though, so I can sort of let it go, but it's still a stretch.
88. Vertical Limit
: (✩✩✩) - DVD
- Chris O'Donnell is on a quest to rescue his sister and a billionaire who are trapped in a crevice on K2. Not a great movie, but it has some good tension.
: (✩✩½) - DVD
- A woman (Katherine Heigl) meets a guy (Ashotn Kutcher) and they get married. Then one day, people show up trying to kill her husband and he has to confess that he used to be an assassin for the government. Not a good movie or romantic comedy, but I don't care. I only got it to see Katherine Heigl.
: (✩✩½) - On Demand
- Girl is bullied by false rumors online and is almost driven to suicide as a result. Typical TV movie fare, but it holds your attention.
91. The Change-Up
: (✩✩✩) - On Demand
- Ryan Reynolds, a womanizer and Jason Bateman, an overworked family man make a wish over a fountain and end up switching bodies. Hilarity ensues. It was enjoyable, but it's nothing to write home about. Olivia Wilde was probably at her hottest in this one though. She played a very attractive and sexual character.
: (✩✩✩✩½) - On Demand
- A 27 year old guy discovers he has cancer and this movie takes us through his struggle with poignance and humor. It's one of the best and deepest comedies I've ever seen. Seth Rogen does his usual shtick, but I like it. Lots of recognizable american and canadian actors are involved as well. Great movie. Check it out.
On Demand: 12