View Single Post
Old March 29 2012, 10:19 PM   #136
Christopher
Writer

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

So Glen Murakami is leaving the Ben 10 franchise and returning to Batman (where he formerly made his mark in The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond). That's too bad as far as Ben 10 is concerned; I really liked the design style of Alien Force/Ultimate Alien, and the promo I've seen for Omniverse doesn't appeal to me as much in terms of its visual style. And of course, with Dwayne McDuffie no longer with us, the storytelling's bound to be different too.

I'm not crazy about the increasing preference for 3D animation over 2D; I still think 3D only really looks good on a feature budget, and has to be stripped down too much for television. The look of Green Lantern: TAS is a little too sparse for me at times. Still, within those limits, Bruce Timm has done a good job translating his style to the medium, and it should be interesting to see how Murakami, whose designs are always impressive, adapts.

I'm disappointed to see that there's no mention of Generator Rex on the list of returning series. Apparently there are still six unaired episodes of that show, but it's completely disappeared from CN's lineup.