View Single Post
Old March 29 2012, 06:26 AM   #976
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ Different strokes/ different folks. I thought that the snowbound scene in Inception was a fantastic OMHSS homage. And IIRC he said that he wanted Batman Begins to be a bit like a Bond movie, with its globe-trotting, epic scope. Appropriate that he should use Ras Al Ghul as the villain, given that Denny O'Neill created him as a response to the villains of the Bond movies of the 1960s and 1970s.

I don't really agree with you about Hardy's sleaziness. Sure, he had a bit of that in Inception but I think he's a total chameleon; compare his character in Inception with that in Bronson. And he's recently essayed a spy twice - in This Means War and Tinker, Tailor... Having said that, I don't think he will be the next 007; I agree, it's likely to be someone we've never heard of or, if we have heard of him, won't have envisaged him as Bond.
I seem to recall reading somewhere Nolan was a big Bond fan, and there were a number of scenes in 'Inception' I thought seemed very Bond-like. I'd love to see him make a Bond film.