View Single Post
Old March 29 2012, 05:25 AM   #26
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Kestrel wrote: View Post
I've not followed the X-Men verse for awhile I guess, and the last I actively read was Whedon's run (I know, forever ago right?!), but...

Cyclops following Magneto's path and Wolverine upholding Xavier's ideals? Sounds like bullshit to me.
That's a very simplistic way of explaining things. Cyclops is in a unique and precarious postion. He has to think like the leader and protector of a dying species, not just the leader of a highly-trained team of super-heroes. While at the same time, he is sending a clear message to the rest of the world that the X-Men are NOT to be fucked with. And yes, some of his decisions of late have been iffy, but his primary goal has been still to save the world for mutants, not conquer it for mutants as Magneto would have tried.

However, there was a funny scene in Uncanny #1 in which Storm (who would never go along with Cyclops if he were truly going down Magneto's path) in which she asks every member of Scott's Extinction Team (Cyclops, Storm, Emma, Namor, Magneto, Colossus, Magik and Hope) to raise their hand if they have never had a period of their career that could be defined as primarily "Super-Villain", and when Scott raises his hand, Storm asks him if he's sure about that.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; March 29 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote