View Single Post
Old March 26 2012, 11:42 PM   #7
Christopher
Writer

Re: Heads up! MYTHBUSTERS season premiere tonight at 9 Eastern!

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
So has the show permanently moved to Sundays?
It looks that way. And they missed an opportunity for a cross-promotion with Unchained Reaction, it seems, since next Sunday's Mythbusters episode is called "Fire vs. Ice," the exact same title as last night's Unchained episode. Since those are both the second episodes of their respective seasons, I wonder if they were meant to be shown back-to-back but Discovery screwed up the schedule when they decided to air the first two UR episodes on the same day.

Anyway, I just watched the first Unchained Reaction episode which I DVRed overnight, and two out of two times, I've disagreed with the choice Adam and Jamie made for the winner of the competition. Both episodes have involved a scientist team (electronics experts, rocket scientists) with a more physics-oriented machine versus a Hollywood team (set constructors, special effects artists) with a more spectacle-driven machine, and in both cases I was rooting for the science guys but the FX guys won.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote