View Single Post
Old March 25 2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Wally
Lieutenant Commander

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x15 - "Inside Out"

FINALLY. The relaunch had left this one hanging since "Abyss". Vaughn talked a big talk there, and then did (seemingly) nothing for several years. Nice to know that other stuff has been under the surface, and that at least he has been thoughtful enough to let his superiors know.

I find the explanation of what really happend in Ro's past a little overly convulted, but I guess that's to be expected whenever Section 31 is involved so there has to be some suspension of disbelief there.

I had figured Bashir was going the Season 1 Tom Paris route, so that wasn't too much of a surprise. But wasn't expecting him to need saving. In retrospect Ro seems like an excellent choice to join this group. It would be nice to see if 31 could ever be brought to task over all they have done. They always just slip away.

I also appreciate through Ro, for the first time I believe, someone has remarked that they actually agree with some of what 31 has done. Yes, they function almost completely against the intent of the UFP- but let's not forget, it was these guys whom essentially won the Dominion War (with the help of Sisko doing some underhanded trickery himself, bringing the Romulans into it). Also love DS9 allowing for some shades of grey.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote