View Single Post
Old March 25 2012, 12:43 PM   #656
Christopher
Writer

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Heck, Star Trek was originally going to be called Gulliver's Travels, and the captain of the ship was going to be Captain Gulliver.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
You clearly have no idea how many writers, including myself, have multiple untitled WIPs in their files at any given time.
Me, I can't stand having untitled works; I always need to come up with some kind of title. However, I've been known to change the title late in the game. Orion's Hounds was originally going to be Spirit of the Hunt and then something else I can't remember offhand. Spider-Man: Drowned in Thunder was outlined as Lying Vanities. My TOS novelette "As Others See Us" went through a bunch of different titles before my editor and I settled on that one, and I still regret that I didn't push harder for "How Not to Be Seen." And my recent TNG eBook The Struggle Within was meant to be called The Courage of Conscience, but the folks at Simon & Schuster didn't think that had enough oomph or whatever.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote