Battle Royale (2000) - Alamo Drafthouse
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocal - discount theater
The Butterfly Effect - DVD
The Butterfly Effect 2 - DVD
Sound of Noise - free admission
The FP - free admission
Harold & Maude - free admission
The Double - Netflix Instant

Used my employee perk to check out a couple of movies tonight.

First up, Sound of Noise, a Swedish film about a group of six drummers (the woman ringleader & five men) who use common objects found in an operatin' room (includin' the patient) & a bank, construction equipment & power lines to make music. Regarded as terrorists for their actions, the police investigator who gets the case is from a family of well-regarded musicians, but he is tone deaf.

Its actually kind of awesome in its way. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and all through the movie, I kept thinkin' that if there were to be an American remake, it should be set & filmed here in Austin.

If ya get the chance to see it, ya should do so...not sure how many of y'all would have access to a foreign language film in theaters, though.

My second movie of the night was The FP, an over the top silly movie about two rival gangs who settle their disputes with a Dance Dance Revolution style video game. Distributed by Drafthouse Films, I've been seein' the trailer for the damn thing since I started workin' for the Alamo, finally decided to see what the hell its really about.

Really glad it was a free admission...

I'll be housesittin' for some friends this week, and they have Netflix, so I'll be watchin' quite a bit of stuff startin' tomorrow!!! Also have a plan to get together with friends to see My Fair Lady & Harold & Maude tomorrow...never seen either of those, especially not on the big screen! Hope they don't sell out!

- edit, to add -

Missed out on My Fair Lady, but did get to see Harold & Maude with my friend Angie. She's seen it before, but it was new to me. I was prepared to see a few, "Dear God!" moments, but sweet jesus, that's a dark movie.

Well worth watchin', but damn...

For those who may not know, its the story of a death-obsessed teen who forms a relationship with a 79 year old woman after several meetings at random funerals.

Watchin' The Double, a spy thriller with Richard Gere, Topher Grace & Martin Sheen, via Netflix Instant now.

Last edited by od0_ital; March 25 2012 at 04:27 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote