View Single Post
Old March 23 2012, 03:59 AM   #3760
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Yep. The origin story took place five years in the past. I also noticed that the solitics for issue seven teased new team mates, new villains, but we didn't actually get that in the issue. I also found it slightly amusing that everyone other than Hal refers to Batman for direction, implying to me that he is the defaco leader of the team, which makes sense. It also doesn't make sense that since we're in the present that Bruce is acting like an ass still since he really hasn't been portrayed that way in "Batman". Intense and overbearing yes, but not an ass hole. I still find it a little hard to believe that Hal and Bruce would still antagonize each other after all these years...I know Bruce really disliked and lost respect for Hal after the Parallax incident but they still had some moments together that were light. Even written by Geoff Johns, like the "Brave and the Bold" comment from Hal in "Infinite Crisis" which drew a smile from Bruce, but I forgot...those crises did not occur now in the 52'Verse. Unless I'm mistaken or they've changed their mind about that.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote