View Single Post
Old March 23 2012, 03:52 AM   #1354
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Alice: Terrific performances from the cast coupled with a totally pointless story made for something watchable but not all that enjoyable.
4/10

Riddles: A fun episode that explores the relationship between Neelix and Tuvok. I always enjoy seeing Tuvok act out of character, so seeing the "new" Tuvok was a lot of fun. Neelix was also enjoyable, and I really liked the way he looked after Tuvok.
In many ways, Neelix's and Tuvok's relationship reminds me a lot of Spongebob and Squidward's relationship, for those of you who are familiar with that show. Just a fun little observation.
8/10
Agreed.
I think what ruins "Alice" is that they gave the ship physical form when it would have been much creepier had the "personality" of the ship been left as just a voice. Giving the ship a physical human form disconnects the audience from the ship itself. They missed the point on what made the car in "Christine" so haunting.

Honestly Tuvok and Neelix remind me more of Neil Simon's "The Odd Couple" where Tuvok is Felix Unger & Neelix is Oscar Madison and while Felix think Oscar an uncaring pig, Oscar would look after Felix and feel obligated if he were ever in the same position as Tuvok was. "Riddles" shows how well their friendship has progressed much like "The Odd Couple". Tim Russ and Ethan Philips performances really sells it.

Best Line-The Doc; "If anyone can provoke Mr. Tuvok, it's you Mr. Neelix."