View Single Post
Old March 22 2012, 07:00 PM   #3750
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Wonder Woman, great as always, with a possible revelation about the nature of the magic lasso (which contradicts an ongoing joke in Justice League). And in Justice League, Batman apparently loathes the JLI, which at least appears to contradict his actions in that title (until I stopped reading it). I'm sensing a theme here, in which the biggest titles aren't quite adding up. But both books were good reads (not sure about that Shazam back-up).

Red Hood and the Outlaws: anyone waiting to hear where Raven is in this new DC, you might want to read this - there's an overt mention of Trigon, and a character who is called something else but could be read as a radical re-design of Raven. And if Raven is, as we've been told, linked to Pandora, Red Hood might be a more important/core title than it first appeared.

Less spoiler-y, I really like the structure of Red Hood: seven issues in and it's taking its time with the overall plot, while the mini-arcs feed into the main story organically. It feels, on that level, like the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans or mid-70s Spider-man.