View Single Post
Old March 22 2012, 03:33 PM   #3748
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Supergirl #7: The opening arc finally concludes. I'm still very much up in the air about this book. Not sure to drop it or not. I understand what the writing teams motives are with this character and that they're exploring taking Kara from one chaotic situation to another, but I've not really liked it. Limited contact with her cousin, whom one would logically think should still have been trying to search for someone from his own world. I also understand this lack of contact...due to the upcoming self-contained event in the Super Family of books. I guess things will start to settle themselves after this or during this, as Clark finally deals with no longer being alone. I still like the new redesign though and the art has been consistent all the way through.

Batman #7: This continues to be absolutely fabulous. Any reservations I have had about this story continue to be pushed aside, simply due to Snyder's sheer genius and writing ability. I agree this is the best book of the New 52 (I'd edge it over Action Comics even, which you all know I'm a huge fan of). Not sure it was necessary for Bruce to knock his own son over but he has been through a great deal. Interesting with the woman...this is going to be a fascinating summer for Batman.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote