View Single Post
Old March 22 2012, 06:59 AM   #526
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A very Hope Summers heavy week for me, and I loved that two of these books had Cyclops and Wolverine face-to-face and neither of them said a word to the other in either one.

Generation Hope #17-- Gonna miss this series. The finale wraps up all of the hanging threads just in time for AvX. Kenji takes his Judas routine against Hope the messiah to the limit and has to be taken down. The ending looks bleak for Kenji, but given how these things work in comics, I'm sure he'll pull himself back together at some point.

Uncanny X-Men #9-- This was a lot of fun. The "final" team-up with the Avengers before AvX, as both teams attempt to clean up the mess after a break-out from The Peak, SWORD's holding facility. Brief mention is made of Storm being on both teams and Emma is back in action. The focus turns to Hope (Of course!) towards the end as a new mutant pops up on Cerebra and she leaves the Extinction Team in order to investigate with The Lights (minus Kenji, placing this after GenHope 17). Of course, it was a trap set for Hope by The Unit, a particulary nasty escaped PEAK prisoner, who captures her at the end.

Avengers: X-Santion #4-- This was the only issue of this series that I really enjoyed. I feel that this story could've been better told in an over-sized one-shot, but it does its job setting up AvX and confirms that Hope is the avatar for the Phoenix. I liked the way that Hope cured Cable of the Techno-organic virus, but as Cable has been cured of the virus before, I suspect he will relapse again before too long.

Kick-Ass 2 #7-- Wow. This issue lived up the books name as the final battle between heroes and villains erupts on the streets of NYC. The ending is a jaw-dropper that sets up the inevitable Kick-Ass 3. Before that can happen, however, we have the upcoming Hit-Girl mini that takes place between KA1 and 2.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; March 22 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote