View Single Post
Old March 21 2012, 12:14 PM   #75
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Was Janeway a bit of a tyrant?

She can use it as toilet paper, but I want to know why she's using it as toilet paper.

All I wanted for her to say is "I've been a naughty girl. A naughty, naughty girl."

Sisko did so in in the pale Moon light.

Picard in Justice and Pen Pals.

I suppose kirks end around in A Private Little War when he became an Arms dealer was closer to what Janeway did...

KIRK: Is it? She wants superior weapons. That's the one thing neither side can have. Bones. Bones, the normal development of this planet was the status quo between the hill people and the villagers. The Klingons changed that with the flintlocks. If this planet is to develop the way it should, we must equalize both sides again.
Tipping the balance of power back to how it was, is still playing with the balance of power, because the balance of power shouldn't be stagnant, what if the best thing in all possible universes was that the kazon got that array and spread that technology across the quadrant as businessmen and not warriors, which is certainly possible given how they turned Ocampa's practically useless (DS9 Statistical probability) cormaline deposits into such a must have hot ticket item.

Besides, when we saw Tyrees World in DS9 (image in the sand) next, the place was a wasteland.

Kirk and the Klingons had killed everyone.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote