View Single Post
Old March 21 2012, 04:34 AM   #52
Sho
Fleet Captain

Re: TOS: That Which Divides by Dayton Ward Review Thread (Spoilers!)

FatherRob wrote: View Post
However, as everyone from my editor right down to people here and in the TM comments have noted in the past, I have definate tastes. Heck, CLB's The Struggle Within (last years eBookcontribution to the Typhon Pact) was my favorite Star Trek story of 2011... and I know I got some odd 'looks' over that one!
I think being an opinionated reviewer is absolutely fine, as long as the review includes the information a reader needs to make up their mind as to whether they tick similarly to the reviewer. I.e. "This guy loved/hated/is indifferent towards this book; can I see myself in his thought process and feel convinced by his arguments?"

As for my original posting, my agenda is really simple: I haven't read the book yet, but I noticed what I felt was a somewhat subdued response to it here, so a very positive review caught my interest, and I wanted to share. Moreover, though, I like Trek books and would like there to be more of them. That requires sales, and positive reviews contribute to generating more sales. So if someone reads your review, finds himself nodding in agreement and ends up enjoying it for similar reasons to yours, I figure that's a win.
Sho is offline   Reply With Quote