View Single Post
Old March 18 2012, 08:36 PM   #4131
BRG
Commander

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

A great day for my team, I'm just back from Hampden Park where I watched Kilmarnock beat Celtic 1-0 to win the Scottish League Cup for the first time in our 143 year history!
It is Killie's first trophy since our Scottish Cup win 15 years ago, and it is the first time we have beaten Celtic in a cup final!

As always against the Old Firm, you need to be at your best and carry a lot of luck to beat them, and thats what happened. They missed a few sitters, and Cammy Bell, our keeper, pulled off some wonder-saves. But with 5 mins left, we took our chance, scored a goal and held on until time!

Brilliant day, in over 25 years of following Killie that is the second cup I've seen us win, and only my fourth final. However, my dad is lucky enough to have seen us win the League Title in the 60's, the Cup in the 90's, and now finally the League Cup in the 21st century!
BRG

PS- Like all football fans, I was completely stunned when Fabrice Muamba collapsed during Bolton's cup tie with Spurs, thoughts are with him, and hope the boy pulls through and makes a full recovery.
Scottish League Cup Winners- 2012
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote