View Single Post
Old March 18 2012, 06:34 PM   #131
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter produced by Tim Burton in the work

That is interesting. Maybe Burton thinks he needs to go the other way because Dark Shadows has always been "gothic"? I wasn't impressed with the Dark Shadows trailer. I was disappointed to see it was a full on comedy. I expected dark comedic elements because it was Burton, but not the whole 70s pastel and lava lamp treatment. Seeing as its been 20 years since the "remake" series, I was hoping to see some gothic again. Not to be. sigh

I don't think Abe Lincoln vampire hunter could even sell unless you remained true to the source material's tone. I have got to pick up the book before the movie comes out. The movie will be a huge hit or a huge failure. I can't see it anywhere in between. It's soooooo outrageously out there, you almost admire it for the absurdity. It even caught my mother's attention and she's the quintessential film snob.

Maye it's just that I've "discovered" Benjamin Walker and find him insanely attractive since I listened to some of his bizarre, irreverent stand up comedy routines. I just about choked to death with laughter at the clip of him singing "I wan to f*** Michelle Bachman...but it would be consensual" as commentary on the Republican candidates. I had no idea he'd done stand up comedy, or was married to Meryl Streep's daughter. He's weird, but in a good way.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote