View Single Post
Old March 18 2012, 10:42 AM   #733
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
The competition is ratings, content is irrelevant, BBT will get renewed and Community is struggling. There IS a competition in that timeslot. And NBC continually gets curb-stomped, despite my wishing otherwise (I basically only watch NBC it seems! I'm loving the Community-30Rock-Office lineup so much!)

And did it really beat the Office? Is the "share" the number to brag about? I'm not really sure, but it doesn't seem there was much of a win, either way.

Communty 2.2 (rating), 7 (Share), 4.75 million viewers.
The Office 2.4 (rating), 6 (Share), 4.87 million viewers.
Ok, so it was a slight loss after adjustments. But the point is that The Office is considered to be one of NBC's stronger shows in the ratings. Community doesn't need to compete with Big Bang's numbers, it needs to do well relative to the numbers NBC as a network manages to pull.

I don't even pay attention to time slots, the days where TV networks get to schedule when I watch their shows is long gone. Is Community in Big Bang's slot? I'm sure the NBC executives will take that into account come a renewal decision. They know they can't compete viewer for viewer with a big CBS show.