View Single Post
Old March 18 2012, 07:43 AM   #11
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: The National Rugby League Thread of 2012

The Raiders lost to a poor Roosters side. As soon as Dugan and Fenson went off so early I felt my hopes fade and than Thurling before half time had any hopes of holding out shattered. While it was a close game it was no thanks to a supreme effort by the Raiders, while they had to put in a big effort with some many injuries they weren't fantastic, it was more down to the Roosters' poor ball control and error count. The Roosters should have put at least 15+ on the Raiders given the Raiders started to lose players at about the 10 min mark leaving them to play 40+ min with only 1 on the bench. Though if I were a Roosters supporter I'd be looking past that and focusing on the fact that my team walked away with the 2 points.

The worrying news is injuries. Dugan and Fenson are looking at possibly sitting out for a while with their injuries, while isn't good given Dugan's importance in attack and Fenson's importance as a work horse. That really does counter the good news of Lahrs returning from injury. I was hoping for a season that wasn't going to be dominated by who was unavailable for the Raiders.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote