View Single Post
Old March 16 2012, 06:41 PM   #726
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Dac wrote: View Post
Yeah, in what has largely been a lackluster season so far, this episode was a real good one if you ask me.

Anyone know about the ratings it got?
From TVbythenumbers.com....

Without the CBS comedies at 8pm, NBC got a big boost. The post-hiatus return of Community drew a season high 2.2 adults 18-49, up 46% vs. a 1.5 rating in its last new episode in early December. 30 Rock had a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, also a season high, up 43% vs. a 1.4 rating at 8pm last week.
I think it will be renewed, NBC is just going to try to get Sony to give them a better deal. What I just posted SHOULD prove to NBC that their Thursday comedy block is long dead. However this is NBC and they pulled it off the air for no reason.

Even better from TVline.com...

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/rating...ere-community/

NBC’s Community returned from its too-long hiatus to 4.9 million total viewers and a demo rating of 2.2, delivering increases of 36 and 47 percent over the comedy’s most recent outing (on Dec. 8 ) and a 14-month, non-sports time slot demo high for NBC.
What’s more, NBC points out that Community – with Bang Bang Theory benched by NCAA hoops — was No. 1 among Adults 18-34 and Men 18-34 during its half hour, besting even a little show called American Idol. Cool, cool, cool…
Year-over-year, Community was up 29 percent in the demo, while versus its season-to-date average it delivered a 38 percent gain.
That teed up 30 Rock, now in the 8:30 slot, for week-to-week gains of 18 and 43 percent, hitting 4.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating.