View Single Post
Old March 16 2012, 02:52 AM   #41
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Was Janeway a bit of a tyrant?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
AuntKate wrote: View Post
Tuvix is the Kobayashi Maru of the Delta Quadrant.
Good way of putting it though I was personally never conflicted over the dilemma. There could be an element of "duh, of course they will be separated it's tv" at work there though.

And I don't think she would have let Lessing die. She would have risked herself to save him from the beastie at the last moment and there would have been a Trek speech about what humanity stands for.
Think about this.

Imagine I grab hold of your hand and drag the both of us in front of an oncoming truck that couldn't possibly stop in time without killing us. But it's all right if you die only so long as I died or almost died trying to save you come the last second after I stop holding you in place to get squashed? How heroic is it for me to simply stop holding your hand?

Do I deserve a parade?

This reminds me of a quote from Happy Days...

Fonzie "Hey kid, I think I know your brother."

Kid "Yeah, really?"

Fonzie "In fact, I saved his life."

Kid "Really? How'd you do that?"

Fonzie "I stopped hitting him."
I didn't say she was "heroic". I don't think she would deserve a parade if she had to jump between Lessing and the Beastie when she was responsible for him being there in the first place. That there would be a Star Trek speech about what humanity stands for would be Janeway's mea culpa moment in that episode.

"I lost sight of what we're out here for Chakotay.. and I have to live with that." No not a real quote but sounds like something Janeway would say.

You're an irresponsible asshole for dragging me in front of that truck Guy Gardener, and quite possibly a mean and vengeful person too. How many trucks did I murder and consume to make you think I deserved that?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote