View Single Post
Old March 15 2012, 07:18 PM   #454
JD
Admiral

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I finished reading STNF: Blind Man's Bluff last night. I enjoyed it, it was definitely one of the better books in the series, although it still wasn't up the quality of Vanguard, Titan, or pretty much any of the other lit series. I kind of wish we could have gotten a little more closure to the D'Myruj story. I also didn't care for Peter David's characterizations of the Doctor or Seven. Maybe it was just me, but Seven seemed a little more human than I remember her being in the last few Voyager books, and I find it hard that it would be so hard to convince The Doctor to help get rid of Morgan. I know he has the thing for hologram's rights and all of that, but I would have expected him to be willing to look past that once they explained just how big of a threat she was. I know he did help in the end, but I just would have expected it to happen quicker. My rating: 7.5/10
I also started CSI creator Anthony Zuicker's first novel, Level 26: Dark Origins. I'm a big fan of the CSI franchise, and I've had this sitting on my Nook unread for ages now, so I finally decided to give it a try. Although after seeing some of the reviews on Amazon, I'm not as sure I'll like as I was when I first bought it.