View Single Post
Old March 14 2012, 09:45 PM   #565
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

stonester1 wrote: View Post
I'm always going to want a locally based, physical library, both of my own and the public kind. And people are tactilly oriented and like to touch. So I don't see traditional mediums just going away.
That's a good point. I don't think personal DVD libraries, with nicely designed covers that you can put on a shelf, will ever vanish.

And you can't really give gifts that are nothing but virtual goods. Well, you can, but it's not really the same as getting something wrapped up with a bow, is it?

I don't like collecting stuff, so I'd be fine to jump to streaming, but I insist they do it my way, and that's not something I see emerging soon, maybe not at all. Till then, I'll stubbornly stick with the status quo as the next best thing.

So, Alaric may end up dying for keeps then before the end of the season? Too bad, I really like Alaric
Well, the showrunners claim that Alaric will be back as a guest star next season, but this song and dance seems awfully familiar. Wasn't there another recent case just like this one that didn't turn out so well for the character whose actor was jumping ship to a new show, despite official assurances to the contrary...?

I like Matt Davis a lot but I've pretty much given up on TVD (they keep going over the same stuff, two seasons of that is enough for me), so I'm happy to see him get his own series.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote