63. The Human Contract
: (✩✩✩✩) - DVD
- After 10 Items or Less
, I wanted to see something else with Paz Vega and found this. It's about Julian, an advertising executive who's under pressure to get a multi-billion dollar contract, who meets a well off free-spirited woman played by Vega. I don't want to spoil any twists, so I'll just say that this was written and directed by Jada Pinkett Smith and deals with a subject matter that she and Will Smith have dealt with in their own lives. In fact, Jada actually wrote Paz's role for herself. This movie didn't score high, but I enjoyed it and found it to be a pretty good first effort for Pinkett Smith. And if you like Paz Vega, check this one out.
64. The Craigslist Killer
: (✩✩✩) - TV
- A Lifetime TV movie about Philip Markoff
, the engaged medical school student who seemed to have it all, but had a secret life where he'd find women on Craigslist, meet with them and rob them. Then one day, things go too far and he accidentally kills one of them. It's what you've expect from Lifetime, but it was engaging and fun to watch.
65. Life As We Know It
: (✩✩✩½) - DVD
- A young couple dies in a car accident and leaves their baby to be looked after by their best friends played by Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. One problem though... They aren't a couple and don't even like eachother, but have to put aside their differences to raise the baby together in the big house that was also left behind. I don't know if such an arrangement is possible in real life, but the movie did an alright job of bringing everything together to make it somewhat believable. In the end, I quite liked this one. It deals with heavy subject matter, but still manages to make you forget the bad stuff and enjoy the lighter more comedic side of things. It also makes raising a kid with Katherine Heigl quite appealing.
66. She's the Man
: (✩✩✩) - TV
- Amanda Bynes stars as a girl who's good at soccer and wants to play, so she poses as her brother at his new boarding school after he skips and takes off to Europe. Wacky hijinks ensue as she excels at soccer and tries to keep her secret. Typical teen comedy fare, but it was fun to watch Bynes play a guy.
67. Witchslayer Gretl
: (✩½) - TV
- A really bad TV movie I only watched to see Shannen Doherty. It's about a man/woman duo that hunts witches in the middle ages. Shannen plays Gretl, but she's not the lead or even one of the main duo, making this an oddly titled movie.
68. The Adjustment Bureau
: (✩✩✩✩) - DVD
- Matt Damon plays a polititian who meets and falls for an attractive woman played by Emily Blunt. Unfortunately, an organization of supernatural beings, who believe that they're responsible for keeping others' lives on the correct path, are trying to keep them apart. It's a basic Hollywood love story, but the Adjustment Bureau and what they can do is quite fascinating, making this a compelling movie. Obama didn't seem to like it, so I went in with a bit of caution. Loved it though. I posted a few thoughts in this thread