View Single Post
Old March 14 2012, 05:58 AM   #452
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Finished Rising Son last night, which was rather disappointing. The last 100 pages should have been the main focus of the whole book. It feels like there either should have been two Jake Sisko books, but the Editors realized the story didn't warrant that. I was hoping that the story would be more of a Travelogue from a writer exploring a new territory to find himself. I really didn't like the angle that was taken for Dez and his interest in Jake, it felt very one note. However, the last 100 pages were fun and interesting and revved me up to relaunch again.

As well, I started Unity last night. I'm about 50 or so pages in and loving it. Granted, I have a quibble about the first chapter (~18 pages!) being one of those boring "Two Superhero Teams have misunderstanding and fight each other before realizing they have to work together"-type battle. It felt so... unnecessary and out of character for the Defiant crew to do. And while the 3rd chapter is a big recap, it somehow felt really well handled. I'm super stoked for this book, though!