View Single Post
Old March 13 2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3 $$(ENDINGS SPOILERS)$$

Reverend wrote: View Post
I just now found out that you need 4000 effective points to get the "best" ending and after a quick look at an earlier save it turns out I only have something like 3700. What did I do wrong!? I save the rachni queen *twice*, I saved the destiny ascension, rewrote the geth heretics and made them all individuals, I gave the quarrians back their home, cured the genophage...etc, etc. I have a hard time seeing how not being able to complete the Aria: Eclipse mission (due to a bug I might add) or complete the Kasumi mission (*another* bug) and a handful of sidequests I didn't know needed to be turned in before the Priority: Tuchanka mission.

Anyone know at what stage the points are taken into account? Is it before the final jump to Sol or can I load from the last Citadel autosave?
Come to think of it, how much of a difference does it make? I'm not sure I can be bothered to replay that whole sequence again just to see if things turn out *slightly* less crappy.
If all it takes is a few games of multiplayer to make up the 7.5% I need
You'll need to do a little multiplayer to get your EMS above 5000. Don't worry though, it doesn't really take that long. Maybe 2 hour or so to get your galactic readiness to about 75%, which should do the trick.

Finally finished it myself after staying up late last night, and yeah, not terribly happy with the ending either. I chose the synthesis option which is probably the happiest, relatively speaking. I kind of wish they at least went for the Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal type ending, which had text descriptions of what happens to all your party members afterwards, and was very satisfying as a result. Aside from the ending however, I thought the game was fantastic. I was a bit doubtful about it at the start, with Earth, Mars, and the limited Citadel, but once you finish the Turian mission the game really opens up and becomes great. So many wonderful character moments if you're thorough about talking to everyone on the Normandy after every mission, and lots of great encounters on the Citadel as well.