View Single Post
Old March 13 2012, 10:06 AM   #450
Endgame
Lieutenant Commander

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Purchased a number of ST books for my reader but not reading much yet. Reading Yoshihiro-sensei (Francis Fukuyama) with "The End of History and the Last Man," "Trust," "The Great Disruption" (reread), "Our Posthuman Future" (reread), and currently "State-Building." OPF may have relevance to eugenics wars and such. Made an improptu New Year's resolution to read "Sense and Sensibility" and finally got about 4/5 of the way through this book.

Some of you may be jealous of me as I have not read very much of the newer ST books and therefore have many good books to read sometime soon. Have read many TOS and TNG but not much others. May read the two "Maximum Warp" books by Dave Galanter & Greg Brodeur soon more to cover modern TNG. "Articles of the Federation" does seem to be a good read by KRAD. Look forward to SCE books soon too.

Does advanced technology only mean spaceships and rayguns? Surely public administration and education would have advanced as well. Will essentially contested concepts always be essentially contested concepts? I guess I just have to read more books. ... Hope to begin NF soon too.
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote