View Single Post
Old March 13 2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Mass Effect 3 $$(ENDINGS SPOILERS)$$

OK, since I've now finished my first playthrough and it looks like the other ME3 thread is becoming increasingly filled with spoiler tags, I've decided to start a new discussion to be fair to those that haven't finished the game yet.

So, last warning. Spoilers ahead!
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

First thing I want to get off me chest is, of course the bloody endings! I'd heard this has caused a bit of an uproar before I even started the game and I've no doubt there's an apocalyptic going on over on the official bioware forums, so I don't want this to turn into a rant...still...gah!

OK, my *major* problem with this is that no matter which of the three options you choose, it effectively renders ALL of your hard work up until this point utterly meaningless.
By destroying the entire relay network, all the races have become totally scattered and isolated from one-another, all the homeworlds are devastated with no hope of getting help to rebuild. The various Asari populations are going to be OK as they can reproduce with anything, but what about the Turians and Quarians stuck in places where the local food is poisonous to them?

Also, how the hell did the Normandy end up mid-relay transit with Liara & EDI on board? Last I checked the Normandy was with the other fleets, EDI was at the command post and I'd assumed Liara was killed in the final run to the conduit.

Most of all though, I felt it robbed my Shepard of a well earned happy ending. You know, retirement, beach front property and lots of little blue children?

Other than that, the game was a tour de force! Such a fantastic build-up and they screw up the ending? Typical!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote