View Single Post
Old March 11 2012, 05:31 PM   #331
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: Why was Kes written off the show?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
I don't know, but I have my doubts that Seven of Nine merchandise really sold at such a high clip over that of other characters and that she was a success in that way to the studio. My guess would be that she ultimately turned out to be kind of a disappointment for them in terns of the impact she had. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
Very wrong. Seven of Nine was many variations of action figure. Half-Borgified (as in "The Gift"), Silver-suited, Plum-suited and Blue-suited, all in the 4.5" size, cloth-dressed figures in both 9" (Brown-suited and Silver-suited) and 12" (Silver), plus a Hallmark ornament and even coldcast statues and a life-size mannequin.

Kes only got a short-packed 4.5" figure.

Even Janeway only got one regular 4.5", one "Flashback" exclusive (designed by me for NewForce Comics), one 9" figure and a Hallmark ornament.

teacake wrote: View Post
Where is all this wondrous 7 merchandise and why do I not own it.
Seven:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

Kes:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

Lynx wrote: View Post
Maybe the money from the merchandise (if it was som much that some people believe) could have been used to keep ten main characters in the show.
So Playmates and Hallmark should subsidize an actor's salary and not sell any toys or ornaments?

I'm "very wrong?" You're point isn't a refutation of mine. I wasn't questioning the amount or variety of 7 of 9 merchandise, I was questioning the SALES numbers. So unless you have figures that show that there was a huge jump in AMOUNT of 7 of 9 action figures and other merchandise I'll retain my skepticism.

I think the percentage of the fanbase that are hard-core collectors isn't a big one(For example, Star Trek XI was a huge box-office hit but the action figure line didn't do well).

So again I inquire: any figures on 7 of 9 merchandise sales? We've already seen that the ratings impact was negligible, I'm guessing that we see the same thing here.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote