View Single Post
Old March 11 2012, 03:29 AM   #304
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why was Kes written off the show?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
your posts on this seem to be "whatever the writers/producers say is right and good enough for me."
Yep. I've heard enough inside stories, from people who were actually there, to believe that what the creative team said they felt to be true, at least at the time, is true. These things are not decided on a whim, usually. Hollywood is big business and no one likes to get it wrong.

Jeri Ryan was a breath of fresh air for the franchise. A revitalised Kes was not going to have the same spike of interest.

Lynx wrote: View Post
Besides that, if Lien had been a pain in the @** for her co-workers...
When did I ever say that? I said that the writers were disappointed with the character and, despite numerous attempts to steer the character in very different directions, over three seasons, they were still unhappy with Kes.

Tales about Lien being a difficult person are pure speculation.
No, I know people who had to attempt to explain her bizarre actions at a convention to some very angry fans, who'd travelled interstate to see her. She's a very shy woman who continued to attempt to do conventions, even though she'd realised she was unsuited to that method of public speaking. And yet she kept accepting invitations.
Agreed on all counts.