View Single Post
Old March 10 2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Sxottlan
Commodore

View Sxottlan's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Vanguard: The Finale Thread (SPOILERS)

I'm realizing that I haven't commented at all about the fact that Vanguard is ending.

I've long advocated that the series not go on forever, but now that it's really ending it does feel surreal. To actually have a series finale in the books is so unique. But I'm glad for it, especially since New Frontier has become such a cautionary tale about the dangers of being never-ending.

Looking back, I remember reading the post on this board announcing the series. I can't believe 7 years have already gone by. That's about the normal running time of some Trek series, so the timing is apt. It's amazing how much the Treklit community has really latched onto this series. While I'm sure it's because of a great many reasons, I can't help but think one important reason is because a fan ended up helping create the look of the Vanguard universe. Now the Archer-class appears to have become a fan favorite (with another appearing in That Which Divides) and best of all, a Watchtower-class (or variant) space station has been retconned into on camera TOS. Incredible!
The Crimson Shadow: ***
Sxottlan is offline   Reply With Quote