View Single Post
Old March 10 2012, 09:18 AM   #371
Harvey
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

38. Limitless (B-)

Limitless: Much better than I had anticipated, although not as good as it could have been. The ending is a total cop-out (the guy gets off the drugs, keeps the super intellect, gets the girl, AND will probably be President of the United States someday), but I enjoyed the build up. Robert DeNiro sleeps through another supporting role, unfortunately, but Bradley Cooper does well with the material. Stylistically, it can't quite figure out if it wants be stylized like a Guy Richie movie, or be much more conventional. A more decisive editor could have probably fixed that problem. The biggest problem, though, when you come right down to it, is the in media res opening. The constant pounding at the door of his penthouse fortress and Bradley Cooper's willingness to commit suicide rather than fall into the hands of these unseen invaders is a terrific hook. When it turns out to be nothing more than his loan shark and a pair of goons at the door...it's less than satisfying. This is shallow, but watchable entertainment.

Theatres: 15
Home Video: 21 +1
Computer: 2

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote