View Single Post
Old March 9 2012, 09:52 PM   #65
bok2384
Commander

View bok2384's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bok2384
Re: Tabulated review threads sorted by average score

Sho wrote: View Post
Agreed on the "book club" idea . Truth be told, I'm always a little frustrated how far I am behind "everyone" on reading the books, which means I rarely get to share in the initial release excitement. It was my secret hope that retro review threads would allow us stragglers to organize a bit and make up for that. Looking forward to exchanging opinions!

Edit: That's also partly why I decided to make the first post in the review threads a little more book advertisement-like by including the cover, blurb and excerpt links - to increase the chances of encouraging someone to pick up the book by posting the thread. Of course that's in all our interest even with threads for new books, though, and so I did the same for That Which Divides.
I know what you mean about keeping up, it is a bit of a struggle. Luckily, I've been able to catch every new release since 2005. The problem for me is remembering some of those earlier novels. So, I've been on a big rereading binge of late, and I'm starting to appreciate it all a whole lot more.