View Single Post
Old March 7 2012, 02:54 AM   #13
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Tuvok: the only adult on Voyager

IntrepidMan wrote: View Post
^Yes, but the fact that he is much older is hardly a good excuse for the others. Paris and Kim are adult humans and should frickin' act like it. Their juvenile behavior would never be tolerated on a real military ship. It's hard watching them whine and goof off and think that they have any business being on a Starfleet ship. Yes, I know Paris is not a "real" Starfleet officer, so I guess my real complaint is with Kim.
Go to Youtube.
There's plenty of documented footage of military officers acting juvenile. Pranks and hazing in college and the military was one of the top stories in the news about 4 or 5 years ago.

As far as Tuvok. I found he could be very immature in his own way. The fact he was a senior officer being groomed to one day be a captain, he showed great selfishness when it came to many of the emotional issues when dealing with the crew. Many times Janeway had to order him to attend ships functions because its expected of senior officers. It reflects badly on the captain if her chief of security is unwilling to associate with his staff for moral support.
He also showed poor diplomatic skills when it came to dealing with Neelix. Nobody really liked Neelix when he first joined the crew but Janeway, yet they all were polite to him except Tuvok. Not very mature.

Last edited by exodus; March 7 2012 at 03:18 AM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote