Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old March 6 2012, 08:49 PM   #911
Garrett
Vice Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

I'm a prime member, too. I buy a lot through amazon, so I've ended up saving a ton on shipping, even when I use the one day option.

I've been migrating my gaming back to the PC, so I picked this up for Origin (paid through amazon, though. ). I put in a hour or so before going to bed last night, and then another hour this morning. I bought the first two games off of Steam during a sale way back when, but never really touched them until a week or so ago when I started a new playthrough to import to ME3. I used the comic for the decisions in ME1, just because I had never seen it before.

I'm somewhat torn so far. We've been given more choice back in leveling, and in weapon customization, but now Shepard runs his mouth continuously with very little input from me. I was hoping that was just going to be the case for the demo, but most of the interactions I've had have been similarly automated. To be fair, a lot of what Shepard says, like "I should go" doesn't really need to be selecting from a dialog wheel, but I find I'm having a hard time feeling as connected to what's going without me being in more control.

Other than that, I'm loving the game and looking forward to seeing the payoff from the previous two games.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote