View Single Post
Old March 5 2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Wally
Lieutenant Commander

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x14 - "Against the Odds"

From an "In the Cards" to a "Tears of the Prophets". This two-parter really has an interesting structure. I liked it. Don't entirely understand Dez being so off-putting, but once again, all the other characterizations where pretty much spot on.

The use of the Wa. It makes so much sense, I never even thought about it. I do wonder if that's what the original Re-Launch others had meant for it or not.

I do wonder with Shar's relationship with Prynn being resolved, how long he will sticking around now.

And again. I am pleased that although there is clearly going to be a conflict/war of some sort with the Ascendants that it is being handled much different than other conflicts. War with the Cardassians, the Klingons, the Dominion, the Borg, and (possibly) the Typhon Pact- Star Trek is more than just constant warfare.
Doesn't mean though that I don't find these Ascendant guys terrifying, though. Hope the individual characters get well developed. DS9 always had the best re-curring villains. And I actually liked Illian Ghemor, so I look forward to her return.

Keep up the good work.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote