CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

20. X-Men: First Class (A)
21. Do The Right Thing (N/A)
22. Martha Marcy May Marlene (B+)
23. The Artist (A-)
24. LA Confidential (A)

Following up on this year's Best Picture winner with one of the most notable runners-up of the last 20 years. I have vague memories of watching parts of this on TBS in the past (particularly toward the end), but this is the first time I've really sat down to watch it. This is regularly held up as the film that should have beaten Titanic, though most of the people/critics who say that thought that to begin with, so it's not like there's been a massive rise in support for this film. All the same, it is a very strong piece of work, with great performances from the main cast. It stops short of being perfect, mainly because I find the Kim Basinger character (and many of the aspects relating to her) rather underdeveloped (oddly, she won the Oscar for this movie, even though I think she's the weakest part of it).

The Blu-Ray includes the unproduced 2000 pilot for a TV series based on the movie, which was interesting to watch (including a pre-24 Kiefer Sutherland as an unrecognizable version of Kevin Spacey's character).

Cinema: 6
Home Video: 15 (+1)
Computer: 3

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote