View Single Post
Old March 4 2012, 10:56 AM   #182
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why was Kes written off the show?

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
You_Will_Fail wrote: View Post
Well that 1.9 was that "special extra episode" Juggernaut so that doesn't count!
Huh? Since when was "Juggernaut" not a "regular" episode?

"Juggernaut" is simply "the 115th episode of Star Trek: Voyager, the 21st episode of the fifth season", according to Wikipedia.
Juggernaut aired on Monday the 26th of April 1999 and Someone to Watch Over Me aired two days later on Wednesday 28th of April, after a month long hiatus since March flapped off.

Voyager mostly aired on a Wednesday and the loyal audience was prepared for Wednesdays and were blindsided by anything but Wednesdays.

Jugernaut was a bonus show, becuase if there was a show on Wednesday how on earth would they be prepared to suspect that there were going to be two brand new epiosdes of voyager that week! it's an unthinkable ineffiable impossibibility.

This is back when TV Guide ruled the world, and we got paper cuts trying to figure out when we could go out and get laid or when we had to stay in for must see tv.

I swear to god, my step father didn't like the sound of the tape rolling from reel to reel in the VCR while recording Tv on a timer in the lounge while I was out, that he would turn the machine off. It got to the point that going out just wasn't worth the risk even if there was a good chance of running across a drunken orgy.

How was I to know that some numb nuts was going to invent dvd box sets or bit torrent?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote