View Single Post
Old March 4 2012, 05:55 AM   #1395
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I did my first ground PVP today. Just 1 on 1, using my Fed main, against a Klingon who challenged me for some inexplicable reason. Now, he won, because I don't do ground PVP ever, but I figured it was worth a shot. We played the "Shanty Town" map, of which I was unfamiliar. I managed to succeed 9 times, he won 18 times, I think. It was a lot of fun, and he was very nice and respectful. We both complimented each other on the game, and he said it looked like I knew what I was doing, so apparently I did okay.

The interesting part, though, was my gear. I ran out of shields and hyposprays early on (I only had 4 a piece on me because I don't usually ground PVP!), so had to replicate the cheapies because I was in-game. Still, the tide started turning when I began using more effective strategy. What really boosted my effectiveness was switching from my Mk XI antiproton rifle to the Jem'Hadar Polaron Beam Pistol, and suddenly I was tearing the hell out of his armor! Previously, he could regenerate his armor and life rapidly, in a few seconds, and I never had time to really whittle it away with the antipolaron rifle, but holy cow, a few shots and his shields were gone. A few more and he was down to a handful of hitpoints! And the thing is, I figured the weapon was near useless and was going to toss it! Glad I didn't! Now I'll have to ground PvP more to get better at the game.

sbk1234 wrote: View Post
New question. I'm on the chapter called "Past Imperfect." I am at a part where I'm in the past, and I'm squaring off against a bunch of D7 battlecruisers. I keep getting killed. There is just me, and 4 or 5 Klingon ships. Anyone know how to beat this level? It's really pissing me off.
Thanks in advance.
For me, "Fire At Will" and "Torpedo Spread" made all the difference in the world.
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote