View Single Post
Old March 3 2012, 09:54 PM   #606
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

Base_Delta_Zero wrote: View Post
That TED presentation was epic. Presumably, this would be the son of Charles Bishop Weyland, though I doubt they'd mention any direct connections with the other series (AVP or Predator for that matter). I can still imagine it to be. There always seems to be a Bishop, Weyland or some combination of the two in the movies/games/books, which might imply a genetically engineered dynasty of sorts, alternating with android replicants.

Anyway, can't wait for this to come out. I want to learn about the Space Jockeys, maybe what they were doing with the alien eggs and why it took 30 years for WY to send another team to LV-426.
Agreed in full! Although I wish Scott and Fox would stop trying to underplay or outright deny the Alien connections. As I see it, there are many parallels ... including:

1. The Space Jockey
2. Peter Weyland and "the company."
3. The nature of synthetics
4. Possible explanation for alien origins
5. General art direction and nature of the plot

It's understandable that the producers and the studio would want to distance their creative baby from the AVP trash, but everything about their film just screams "Alien."