View Single Post
Old March 3 2012, 08:22 PM   #3614
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Derishton wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Pandora mentions in the splash pages (from the final issue of Flashpoint) that combine the three timelines to form the New 52 that Flash has to help her "fix" the timeline, implying that something is wrong. We don't know what that was supposed to refer to yet I don't believe.
I remember that - something about rejoining what should not have been sundered? That seems at odds with what the Stranger says here. Then again, it's not necessarily either/or: the timelines were supposed to be rejoined, but something about the way Zoom initiated it caused it to go wrong.

Then again I'm anal enough to be bothered by the suggestion that the Vertigo universe was unified: until I see Skinner Sweet fight Andrew Bennett, I'm not satisfied.
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
No matter what they claimed I always refused to accept the idea that DC Vertigo was a separate world in the first place. As far as I'm concerned it was always the dark underbelly of the DCU.
The continuity status of the Vertigo titles is odd. It's (usually) pretty clear that The Sandman takes place in the DC Universe, and Lucifer quite clearly takes place in the same universe as The Sandman, but I can't believe that Lucifer takes place in the same reality as Action Comics. Venn diagrams of continuity, I suppose.