View Single Post
Old March 3 2012, 01:47 AM   #1104
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

TheGodBen wrote: View Post

Is this episode perfect? Of course not, there are minor continuity quibbles and I'm not pleased with the episode's lack of a coda. But I feel that it's strong enough in most areas in order to deserve the full five stars. What also strikes me about the episode is the number of callbacks made to it in the series finale; Sisko in a temporal plane of pure light, Jake and Kira staring out the window together, and Jake watching as the station disappears into the distance. It's not quite foreshadowing, but this episode was clearly on the writers' minds when working on the finale and that gives this episode even more power in retrospect.
I know I'm a bit late, but I've never really made the connection between The Visitor and the finale before. I can understand what you're saying though, but it would have been nice to get one more final scene between Ben and Jake in the finale. Actually, thinking about this episode while watching the finale, I get upset that there wasn't that final scene between father and son because that dynamic worked so well in the series as a whole.