View Single Post
Old March 2 2012, 07:14 PM   #36
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Am I the only one who loves SGU?

TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Gary7 wrote: View Post
Anyway, the thing is... we really don't quite know if Eli DOES know how to fix the chamber. That's what's so great about the ending. There's this uncertainty... did he really believe he could do it, or... did he sacrifice himself so that no one else would have to?
Knowing that the show was supposed to continue, there isn't much uncertaintly about what would have happened to Eli.
That's true, but the very fact that the show didn't continue means the suspense is still valid. Of course they wouldn't kill Eli, but the way it ended kind of negates that point.
I'm probably in a minority here, but I was getting the distinct impression from the show that these characters would never get home. All this talk of "destiny" and the fact that their situation just keeps getting more and more dire as they are forced to get farther and farther away from Earth...I dunno, I almost didn't want them to make it back. I think there is a much more interesting story there.

So yes, I'm actually okay with the way it ended. Maybe Eli dies. Maybe not. In my mind, none of them were ever going home again anyway.