View Single Post
Old February 29 2012, 03:46 PM   #74
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: Lucy Liu cast as Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes show

Christopher wrote: View Post

So as with every other objection you've raised, you're dead wrong and far too narrow-minded in your assumptions. There are plenty of ways for men and women to relate to each other besides the romantic or sexual, and luckily there are plenty of television creators who understand that far better than you do.
You do realize this is American network television we're talking about here? If theres a lazy way to tell a story, you can bet they'll jump on it.

Quite honestly, I don't care about the gender change. Hell, I thought the Starbuck debate was a lot of noise about nothing ( I didn't care for NuBSG for entirely different reasons).
I'd probably find the whole notion interesting if the BBC version didn't exist. As it is, I find the entire premise to be bandwagon jumping of the worst kind.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote