Thread: Feline Follies
View Single Post
Old February 29 2012, 06:30 AM   #59
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Feline Follies

Kestra wrote: View Post
Can I just bitch for a second about people who give up pets once it becomes inconvenient? I know that there are some legitimate cases where people have to part with their pets. We have had one of those situations on the board recently. But there are SO MANY people on Craigslist trying to give up their pets to someone else and it makes me so angry. It also detracts from those loving owners who really can't give their pets a home any more and are heartbroken about it.

I know that I don't really know what people are going through but there is no way all of these people suddenly can't handle having a pet anymore. It's a commitment! Ugh. I wish I could take all of the kitties in.
I makes me mad too. I just can't understand how they could stop loving their family member and give it away?

But I know that my Marigold is from a home that gave her away. They didn't want to, but she was unhappy there; there were problems with her behaviour and they just couldn't keep her. As it turned out, it was them, not the cat. I suspect they were loud people and Marigold hate and is afraid of noise, so if they talk loud, do stuff loud (and Hong Kong people can be really loud ), she was not comfortable in their house.

She's a sweet girl in my quite home Sometimes she's the noisiest family member