View Single Post
Old February 28 2012, 05:30 PM   #477
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

BBC America has two SFF shows in development. From Deadline Hollywood:

BBC America will develop two series with UK indie Clerkenwell Films, producers of the hit UK sci-fi series Misfits. Sci-fi drama Wired, from writer Steven Volk (Afterlife), and The Dead Beat, a paranormal crime show from writer John Jackson (Being Human), are the first projects to come out of the non-exclusive development deal BBC America signed with Clerkenwell Films in September. Here are descriptions of the two series, which will be distributed by BBC Worldwide:

Wired takes place in a world that looks exactly like today, except for one thing: this is a world with ‘Syns’ (‘Synthetic Organisms’), exact replicas of human beings and the newest luxury accessory money can buy. Wired explores our evolving relationship with technology, the boundaries of society’s values and moralities, our hypocrisies and contradictions – holding up a mirror to who we are today and what we might become.

In The Dead Beat, two cops, one dead and one alive, become a reluctant team, working from leads in the world of the dead to track down killers in the world of the living. Subverting the crime genre, The Dead Beat brings a whole new meaning to cold cases, underworld informants, dead leads and buried evidence.