View Single Post
Old February 27 2012, 11:40 AM   #100
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Why was Kes written off the show?

Deks wrote: View Post
I agree that it's entirely possible they brought in 7 of 9 as a sex symbol initially (one which grew into something more).
However, I have to wonder, just how much of the decisions were made as a direct result of network interference.
Don't get me wrong, I still think Voyager beats DS9 and TNG, but Berman and Braga apparently wanted to serialize the show at some point to flesh it out more (only to be prevented by the network).
If Voyager got something along the lines of 4 episode stories like Enterprise did, it could have showed certain situations in a bit better capacity (Scorpion for example or the Equinox).
Maybe even preserving the Nova class ship to tag along - plenty of options to consider.
:-)
I think we all would have loved that, but sadly we didn't get it. Watching those ENT min-arcs in season 4 makes you realize how great this would have been.

Miss Lemon wrote: View Post
In the end, I became a bit tired of all the episodes that focussed on Janeway and Seven.
You mean the All Janeway, All 7 Lovefest that has been like air and water to me all these years?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote