The contrast issue is something that crops up from time to time...not sure how it happens or how to fix it. I think it may have something to do with downconverting to jpeg on some big files, or some weird thing Photobucket is doing to them on the upload. I just don't know.
Tonight's entry is the Mosby
class scout. I know on the surface it seems like a simple modification of the bog-standard Ranger
class from FASA, but it took me a LOT of work to put together from parts I'd "salvaged" from the Vance Ranger
. I had to rework the pylons a bit to make them larger to fit the configuration I had in mind. I moved the phaser emplacements and added to them, and I did a resize of the bridge dome to bring the hump more in line with the rest of the ship scale-wise. All in all, it took the better part of 2 hours and ~30 layers to get everything the way I wanted it.